Monday, March 23, 2009

Globalization Homework

Name: Carlos Date: March 29th, 2009

Introduction to Globalization

  1. What do most people think globalization is? The people think that globalization is the world becoming a waster of the American Colony.
  1. What is the real definition of globalization? It means that the developed and whealthy countries spread their culture, food nd other goods aroun the world like Sushi (Japan) Mc Donalds (US) or pizza (Italy).
  1. How is “Bhangra pop” in India an example of globalization? Because it sounds like Jamaican reggae but with traditional Indian instruments and amplified.
  1. What is positive or good about globalization? That people around the world get to try different cultures and food.
  1. What is negative or bad about globalization? That when people buy a brand from another country it makes the other country mere powerful like Japan gets more powerful when we eat sushi or when we buy Sony items.
  1. What are indigenous people? Indigenous people are people that are native from their particular area and they are not very familiar to the world that we have now.
  1. What do linguists estimate is happening every two weeks due to globalization? The linguists estimate that every two weeks a language dies (Hawaiian is almost dead).
  1. How did the images make you feel? The pictures make me feel very sad. When I saw their culture I thought they might like it. I also realized that they were very pour though beacuse they were living in houses with everything made from them. When I saw the Araal I felt very sad because it's not their fault to heve to work very vry hard to eat, even the children. When I saw the Chipaya I felt that they made the right choise somehow to migrate to chile because there they have better conditions. When I saw the Penan culture I fet werid because they looked happy and I also noticed that they have a very good sence of live with their family members.
  1. What did the photographs teach you about indigenous people and/or globalization? The pictures tought me a lot about the indegenous people. I learned that I should say thanks for all I have. I would not like to work like the Araal kids work. The Araals thouhgt me that they're in danger of extinktion and that they're becoming roman catholic and thay sacryfise cows to drink their blood in a wedding. The Chipaya toght me that if you should moove far away from your house for a better life just do it! The Penean showed me that not all houses are made out of blocks and are hard to carry because thier houses are made out of leaf and they carry it everywhere they go.
  1. In your opinion is globalization a good thing or a bad thing? Or some combination of the two? Explain. In my oppinion the globalization is a kind of a good thing and a bad thing. I think that because the globalization is making other countries get stronger. The good thing is that lots of different cultures have spred out around the world. Globalization is making the world become a better place and more developed. But ut is makin gsome countries like Japan get the entire power of the whole world (US, China, Russia, Indonesia, France, Italy, Spain, Mexico are going the same way).

No comments:

Post a Comment